Business Development Associate
Location: Westlake, Ohio
The Business Development Associate is responsible for assisting Highland Consulting’s business development team in the development and execution of marketing campaigns to support sales and revenue growth.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes to increase effectiveness of business development activities
- Assist with the generation of leads through phone calls and/or email
- Develop collateral, presentations, materials, mailings, and emails to support business development
- Write, proofread, and edit proposals and materials as needed
- Manage the content and technical aspects of systems (e.g. CRM and other business development oriented software) used for business development
- Work with outside vendors including website development, graphic design, and printing on business development matters
- Analyze and report on metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of business development activities
We are seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related field is required
- At least 2 year of related work experience in business development is preferred
- Proficiency with computers including MS Office (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point) is required
- Proficiency with CRM software (e.g. MS Dynamics or Salesforce) is required
- The ability to speak and write with great specificity and knowledgeable detail in areas of responsibility
- Competitive compensation
- A great benefits package that includes medical, life insurance, disability, 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing contribution, and paid time off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – Participants have the potential to benefit from the success of the company
- Advancement opportunities
- Stability — Highland has been in business for over 20 years and experienced significant growth with low employee and client turnover
Highland was founded in 1993 and provides fee-only consulting services to institutional investors and their fiduciaries. Highland serves a wide array of clients, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans, foundations, endowments, and other institutional investors. Clients also include high net worth individuals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.