Consultant – Institutional Investments
Location: Westlake, Ohio
The consultant is responsible for serving as the primary contact to institutional clients for the delivery and coordination of all aspects of the client relationship. Client types include defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, foundations, endowments, and corporate assets.
- Create and/or review client deliverables
- Conduct meetings with clients primarily at client locations
- Coordinate client assignments and workflow
- Research and respond to client issues and requests
- Participate in business development activities
- Develop new intellectual capital
- Complete special projects
We are seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field and at least 3 years of relevant experience in an investment consulting role
- CFA® (Chartered Financial Analyst) or CAIA® (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) designation (or progress towards) is preferred
- Proficiency with computers including familiarity with MS Office (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point)
- The ability to perform work at a faster than average pace, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies
- The ability to speak and write with great specificity and knowledgeable detail in areas of responsibility
- Competitive compensation
- A great benefits package that includes medical, life insurance, disability, 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing contribution, and paid time off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – Participants have the potential to benefit from the success of the company
- Advancement opportunities
- Stability — Highland has been in business for over 20 years and experienced significant growth with low employee and client turnover
Highland was founded in 1993 and provides fee-only consulting services to institutional investors and their fiduciaries. Highland serves a wide array of clients, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans, foundations, endowments, and other institutional investors. Clients also include high net worth individuals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.