Location: Westlake, Ohio
The research associate is responsible for conducting research on a wide array of asset classes and investment managers and assisting with a range of projects including asset allocation and portfolio construction recommendations and the development of internal capital market expectations.
- Analyze investment strategies, structures and vehicles
- Conduct meetings with investment managers
- Conduct asset allocation and risk modeling studies
- Write research reports
- Deliver research presentations
- Develop intellectual capital
- Complete special projects
We are seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field AND at least 2 years of relevant experience in investment and/or security analysis
- Chartered Financial Analyst® designation (or progress towards) is preferred
- Proficiency with computers including MS Office (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point)
- Experience with financial software (e.g. Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet, InvestorForce, MPI, etc.) and programming ability (e.g. in R, SQL, VBA, etc.) are preferred
- The ability to perform work at a steady and consistent pace with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to speak and write with great specificity and knowledgeable detail in areas of responsibility
- Competitive compensation
- A great benefits package that includes medical, life insurance, disability, 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing contribution, and paid time off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – Participants have the potential to benefit from the success of the company
- Advancement opportunities
- Stability — Highland has been in business for over 20 years and experienced significant growth with low employee and client turnover
Highland was founded in 1993 and provides fee-only consulting services to institutional investors and their fiduciaries. Highland serves a wide array of clients, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans, foundations, endowments, and other institutional investors. Clients also include high net worth individuals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.